Friday 6 July 2012

Holyford Woods NNR

This afternoon I paid a visit to Holyford Woods LNR near Seaton. I've not been here since we lost our dear old dog about 18 months ago so a visit was long overdue.
The woods are located in a steep-sided valley and comprise mostly mature deciduous trees. Its notable for its large numbers of Marsh Tit and it wasn't long before I had located my first individuals flitting through the undergrowth.
Most woodland species are evident here and I could hear Chiffchaff,Great Spotted Woodpecker,Green Woodpecker and Nuthatch calling.
I spent around an hour wandering around before chancing upon this Spotted Flycatcher.


Spotted Flycatcher(Muscicapa striata)

I could see that the rain was heading my way so I decided to head for home, but not before I called into the new Tesco's at Seaton which stocks a fair range of bottled ales. I topped up my reserves and was home at 4pm.
New Stock









No comments:

Post a Comment