Saturday 27 October 2012

Mixed Fortunes

On Monday night the Jockeys took on the Partistes at their home alley at The Poppe Inn. This is my closest away fixture and one that I can walk to. We went on second and I started with a spare only to 'bolt' it (not hit anything with the spare ball) but we were 9 up and took both points.
The second hand ended with us increasing our lead to 10 and sharing the points one each.
Our opponents then hit the best hand of the night with 100 to leave us 91 to win which we very efficiently did hitting 95 and taking the game 11-1. I finished on 48 and with the highest score of the evening.
On Thursday it was back to the Perry Street League and the Hustlers for our game against our great rivals the Outlaws. We have been neck and neck for the last three seasons for the league title with the Hustlers winning out each time.
We were on second again but this time found ourselves 2 behind and a point a piece. The second hand was the same but on the third hand our 'wheel' fell off and we found ourselves 15 down and only 2 points secured.
We were left a huge score of 112 to win but despite my hitting a '16 spare' we were unable to get near their score and finished the game 20 pins down and 3-13 points. My good run of form continued though and I was again top score, this time with 68.

No comments:

Post a Comment