Sunday 9 December 2012

Xmas Shopping Tick Two

Skittles this week began on Monday with a home tie against the other team that plays on our alley. We didn't
have a great night however and ran out losers to the Golden Boys by 14 pins. I did manage to hit the top score for our team though.
Ale on tonight was a Brain's seasonal called Fir King Good Ale at 4.0%
On Wednesday it was back to the Hustlers and the Club League. We were playing the Perry Winklers and the first two hands were really tight with us reaching the halfway mark 2 pins to the good and the points shared. The third hand however shaped the game and we were 29 pins up after our opponents could only score 61. We eventually won by 34 pins and took the points 14-2.
On Friday Miriam and I went down to Lyme Regis for some more Xmas shopping. We bought a few things and then as the weather was starting to deteriorate made our way back to the car. I however had one more stop to make, so leaving Miriam in the car I made my way over to the Cobb and walked out on top of the wall. I was looking for Purple Sandpipers but due to the tide being in I had to walk nearly to the end before I spotted two Sandpipers feeding on the low wall and dodging the breakers that threatened to engulf them.

No comments:

Post a Comment