Monday 7 December 2015

New Mexico and Texas Days 1 & 2

My adventure began when I caught the 14:06 train from Axminster station. I had an uneventful journey and arrived at Hayes and Harlington around 7pm. I took a taxi to the Premier Inn near Heathrow where I was staying the night.
After watching Chelsea lose yet again on the big screen in the bar, I had a meal and turned in for the night.
The next morning I was up early and ready to catch the shuttle to the airport. I was slightly paranoid having nearly missed my flight last year.
At the airport I checked in OK and then rang Alison whilst I waited for my gate details. I headed there as soon as I had the number and before long I had met with some of my fellow travellers.
We took off on time and around ten hours later touched down in Dallas, where we had a two hour layover before our connecting flight to Alberquerque.
We arrived in Alberquerque around 10pm local time and met with James, our guide. Most of the group had travelled with James before, including myself.
We now had around a two hour drive before we got to our motel in Socorro and had been travelling for nigh on 17 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment