Saturday 29 September 2012

Signs of Autumn

Yesterday afternoon I managed to get down to Seaton Marshes for a couple of hours birding. I went first to the Island hide but it was relatively quiet with very few waders on view, the most interesting being two Green Sandpipers and a Ringed Plover.
Whilst I was there around a hundred Hirrundines,mostly Swallows flew through, skimming over the water as they made their way south and warmer climes. A sure sign that Autumn is on its way.
I then walked up the path past Stratford Marsh to Colyford Common. This was much better with a two Ruff, a Greenshank, two Dunlin and a Wood Sandpiper. They were all too far away for any photo opportunities though.
This brought my pathetic year list total up to 174 and It looks like I'll not make 200 for the second year running.
Seaton Marshes looking towards the town

No comments:

Post a Comment