Tuesday 13 May 2014

April......

On the 2nd the Hustlers were confirmed as League Champions in the Perry Street Club skittle league, our 4th win in 5 seasons.
On the 11th Mir again went out with Libertas, so having the afternoon to myself I headed over to the Somerset Levels. I went to Ham Wall where I saw Bittern,Cetti's Warbler, my first Willow Warblers of the year, Lesser Redpoll, Marsh Harrier and Garganey. Then over to Meare Heath where I picked up Green Sandpiper for the year list.
After I had finished the Pub display box I started on a pet shop for Mir's great niece.


We were meeting her and her family for lunch on Saturday 12th so I took it with me to give to her, She was delighted with it.
On the 14th I got back from skittles in the evening to find that Mir had been having breathing problems and pains in her chest, so I called an ambulance. Around 1:30am they arrived and took her off to Musgrove, I couldnt follow as I'd been drinking all evening so I went back to bed and next morning headed over to see her. She was fine next morning but they kept her in all day to run tests and I picked her up again in the evening around 7pm.
On friday 18th, Mir again went out with Libertas, I headed over to a site near Taunton to see if any Nightingales were singing but all was quiet so I went into Taunton to do some shopping. In the evening I headed over to the playing fields pavilion behind my house for the 3rd annual Tatworth Beer Festival.

There were seven beers on offer and during the evening, interspersed with going back home to check on Mir, I managed to try 6 of them. Favorites were the Bristol Beer Factory Bitter Kiwi and the Sadlers Mud City Stout.
The next evening I was back again, this time though with Mir and our Daughter Lydia. This time I tried the beer that I'd missed the previous evening, Stonehenge's Sign of Spring, which is light green in colour. I then just stuck with my favourites until they ran out.
On Easter Monday, Mir and I went out to the levels for the afternoon and Ham Wall. As Mir was with me I could drive out along the track and park in the disabled car park. During the afternoon we saw Great White Egret,Marsh Harrier,Hobby, Whitethroat and Sedge Warbler before heading home around 4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment