Monday 12 May 2014

March......

Due to the fact that I cant get out as much as I used to, I came up with the idea of holding a beer fest at my house with bottled beers. On the 9th I held the first of these, using  England's rugby match against Wales and the Man City/Wigan FA Cup tie as a focus. I'd been to Darts Farm near Exeter to stock up with a few bottles that would be of interest to everybody including a mystery beer for them to try.
The other guys around 2:30pm bringing bottles with them until the table heaved with 41 bottles of ales and stouts.

The five of us managed to get through 26 of them during the afternoon and early evening and the rest are now held over for the next occasion. The mystery beer was voted the 'best of the fest', unsurprisingly as it was Moor Brewery's Fusion which costs £11.00 a bottle. Don't think your getting that every time guys !
On the 14th I managed an afternoons birding as Mir was taken out by Libertas, the care company that provide respite trips. I headed off to Beer Head to see if there were any early migrants about. It was reasonably successful as I saw my first Wheatear of the year as well as a few Chiffchaffs. There were a pair of Peregrines on the stacks and several meadow and rock pipts about.
After I had finished the shop dolls house I was encouraged to try another project and wanted to do a pub. As space is becoming an issue with complete houses I decided to do a small display box. I bought a pack of two and when they arrived got on with a pub bar display. It took me two weeks and I was very pleased with the result.





On the 21st of March came the Mega announcement that Kate Bush would be performing a series of concerts in August and September at the Hammersmith Apollo, her first live concerts for 35 years. The would be on sale on the 28th and I would be attempting to get them.
On the 22nd Mir and I headed off to Plymouth as we were staying over and seeing Clannad and Mary Black at the Pavilion's. We checked into the Best Western hotel opposite the venue and then wandered around the shops. In the evening we went across the road to see the gig.
It was a great evening with starting with Mary Black and then Clannad giving a great show singing many of their best known songs and Mary Black also joining them late on.
On the 28th I prepared myself for the task of getting Kate Bush tickets. As we need wheelchair access I have to ring the venue rather that book on line so at 10:00am when the venue opened I was ringing constantly with my mobile and the land line. I had no luck and at midday had to give up as I was due to go into work. Whilst there however I tried again and managed to get into a queue with a looped message telling me to hang on. I was on the phone for half an hour, I'd driven to the town with the message on speaker and done my shopping and was in the bank when all of a sudden it started ringing and I was through to the box office. I tentatively asked if there were any tickets left for the wheelchair platform and couldn't believe it when she said of course, when for ! I booked for September 3rd and then spent the rest of the day with a stupid grin on my face as I couldn't believe my luck especially as I'm the carer and get my ticket for free !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment