Sunday 19 February 2012

Combe St Nicholas Sewage Works

Today I had to make a trip to the recycling centre in Chard and as I was in the vicinty of the Reservoir I popped around to the Chaffcombe side to see if there were any Mandarin Ducks on show. Sadly I was unlucky althought there were a few birds there including several Great Crested Grebes and two Tufted Ducks.
I then went around to the Sewage Treatment Works near Combe St Nicholas which has an over wintering Yellow-Browed Warbler in residence.
I first saw the bird on the 6th February but I wanted to try and get a record photo of it. It wasn't my day though as I hung around for half an hour but it didn't show. I did however mange to catch up with the Siberian 'Tristis' Chiffchaff that has also been there. There were a couple of 'Colybita' Chiffchaffs as well and Grey and Pied Wagtails.
I did manage to get a photo of this 'Rock Climbing' Wren as well

No comments:

Post a Comment