Saturday 18 February 2012

A New Venture

 So Here Go's - My First ever Blog Post !

Yesterday I had to go into Yeovil for some shopping and on the way home just had to call into Sutton Bingham Reservoir to see the two Great White Egrets that have been there for the last week.
I tried first by the canoe club but there was no sign so I drove down to the Dorset end of the reservoir and sure enough that's where they were. Year tick number 85.
In the evening I was on duty at the final of the Jubilee Cup Final at the Perry Street Club in Tatworth. I've been on the committee of the Three Counties Skittle League for around fifteen years now and I was due to present the cup to the winners. Perry Street no.2 alley is one of the more challenging alleys in the league and where I play my home games for the Jockeys Skittle Team.It's not a high scoring alley and last night proved no exception as the Club Jokers ran out winners against the the Bell Bandits by 13 pins.
Ale on offer last night was Sharp's Doom Bar at 4%abv, not one of my favourites but a reasonable session beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment