Tuesday 21 February 2012

Skittles at the Poppe

Last night I played Skittles for the Jockeys at the Poppe Inn, Tatworth. The Poppe is a lovely old thatched 15th century Inn that serves Hall & Woodhouse Ales.
On offer last night was Badger Original Ale at 4%abv and Firkin Fox, a bronze coloured seasonal ale at 4.3%.
I first played skittles at the pub 34 years ago when it was my home alley, and if I ever play reasonably well it becomes my 'home alley' again to the rest of the team !
And that's what it was last night as I hit a respectable 51 pins which included a 14 'spare'
Earlier in the evening I took a call from one of my ale drinking mates to ask if I wanted to go to the presentation of the Somerset CAMRA pub of the year on Wednesday. This year's recipient is the Castle Green Inn in Taunton and I foolishly agreed to go, although I'm already out three times this week. Ho hum !

No comments:

Post a Comment