Thursday 17 October 2013

I was thinking about posting a new blog entry when I realised I never finished my Australian trip blog and hadn't posted anything for a couple of months.
So back to July 6th and the Lions.
The day started with a walk from Coogee Bay to Bondi and a swim. This is a great walk along the coast path and is about 6 kilometres and it took around 2 hours and culminated with us tucking into a large breakfast at a beach cafe.
My Breakfast

Clovelly Bay

Waverley Cemetery

Bronte 

Bondi


Bondi Beach


 After breakfast I went down onto the beach and went for a swim, it was really rough and you have to swim in between the flags to avoid being clobbered by surf boards, but its just something you have to do !
When I'd dried off Barbara and I caught the bus to Paddington and wandered around the market before going home.
At around 4pm I went off to catch the bus to the city and get the train to the Olympic Park and the ANZ stadium for the rugby test match between the British & Irish Lions and the Wallabies.
It took around an hour to get to the stadium and as I had a ticket which entitled me to entry to the Lions Den I headed there first.



 When I got into the venue I was delighted to see that the Manic Street Preachers, who had timed their world tour to coincide with the Rugby tour were playing on stage.





 As most will now know the the game was a memorable victory for the Lions, running out victors 41-16 and taking the series. It was one of my ambitions to see a big sporting event whilst I was away and I had just witnessed one of the biggest.



No comments:

Post a Comment