Thursday 17 October 2013

Last Day

The last full day of my Australian holiday was spent at Manley. It had been a wish to go on the Manley ferry and visit this suburb on Sydney harbour's northern coast.
Its one of the only places to see a mainland colony of Little Penguins, but given the time of year my chances of seeing these birds were very slim.
Manley is a very up-market community with a big surf culture and a very pleasant place to stroll about.


Still basking in last nights triumph.




On the way back to Circular Quay I just had to take one last picture of the Opera House.
 In the evening we all walked down to Coogee Bay and had a meal at Barzura, the restaurant where we normally had our morning coffee. This evening we were joined by my cousin Lee and being July, of course it was a Christmas menu.
 The Aussies love having their Xmas meals in the winter, their winter that is ! and the restaurant was decorated with a tree and crackers on the tables.
Containing ,of course party hats, motto's and toys.
It was a lovely evening and a fitting end to my trip. The next day I was off to the airport and the 24 hour journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment