Friday 18 October 2013

Spotted

This afternoon I managed to get out for a couple of hours thanks to a Marie Curie volunteer coming in to sit with Mir. With a small time frame I decided to head down to the Seaton Marshes, there had been reports of a Spotted Redshank yesterday although it had not been reported today.
I parked at the Black Hole Marsh reserve car park and walked out to the Tower Hide overlooking the estuary. The tide was low and there were a lot of birds, mostly Gulls with Great and Lesser Black Backed, Herring and Black Headed, waders included a few Black-Tailed Godwits,Redshank and a large flock of Lapwing which flew in whilst I was there.
I then walked up to Colyford Common. There were very few birds around in the hedgerows but I did chance upon a flock of Long Tailed Tits.
When I got to the hide I saw the Spotted Redshank straight away as it roosted in front of the hide.


 There were a few Little Egrets and Curlews there as well, but no sign of the mornings reported Marsh Harrier or Bearded Tits.
After an 1.1/2 hours birding I had to head back home but I quite enjoyed my first trip out for a long time

No comments:

Post a Comment