Friday 6 April 2012

Chard Junction Gravel Pits

A lunchtime visit to my local 'patch' at the Chard Junction Gravel Pits reserve. There was a Gadwall on the east lake along with the usual Mallards,Coots,Tufted Ducks and Canada Geese.

A pair of Buzzards were soaring overhead.
There was also a Willow Warbler calling although I couldn't locate it in the foliage, I'm always amazed how these birds can remain hidden when they are only just 'under your nose' - Maybe its time to get my eyes tested again !
There are still no Sand Martins yet and checking my diary for last year I see that I recorded them on the 30th March, so although they are being recorded at other local sites they are quite late here.
A quick look at the 'extension' produced only the resident pair of Ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment