Thursday 12 April 2012

Frustration !

A frustrating day all round today as news of 'rare' birds in our area kept me from concentrating and fretting because I know I'll have little opportunity of catching up with them.
There was a Purple Heron at Otterton earlier in the week and news was it had moved east towards us. That would have been a nice Devon 'tick' for me. Then there was the Black Winged Stilt at first Chew,then Radipole  and currently residing at Abbotsbury, that would have been a Dorset 'tick'. Then late yesterday news that a Blue Winged Teal (albeit of dubious origin) was at Ham Wall, which could have been a 'Lifer'.
The frustration carried on into in evening as we played skittles against our rivals for the title, the Outlaws and lost. I managed to save my worst performance of the season for tonight and hit a measly 39 !
The only 'silver cloud' is that we now have a date for our back match against the Jibbers, so on the 25th April we have another chance to clinch the title if we beat them and take at least 10 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment