Tuesday 15 May 2012

Last night myself and a few of my ale buddies attended the Somerset CAMRA branch meeting at the Crossways Inn, West Huntspill.
 This is great 17 century coaching inn with a choice of up to 6 ales on. Last night as part of the meeting they were presented with the Somerset branch 'Pub of the Season' award which in my opinion was well deserved.
Ales on were Otter 'Mild' , Sharps 'Doombar', St Austell Proper Job, RCH PG Steam and Bath Ales Barnsey.
I started with a PG Steam from the RCH Brewery near Weston -Super-Mare at 3.9%. This is a nice session ale with a floral hop aroma and a fruity taste. Next up was Barnsey from Bath Ales at 4.5%. This is dark and complex ale made with maris otter,chocolate and crystal malts and bramling cross hops. Its a full bodied ale and went down so well that I tried 3 more and stayed on it for the rest of the evening.
During the meeting the summer edition of the Somerset CAMRA magazine 'Pints of View' was available and I was pleased to see that Andy J's account of our trip to the Battersea Beer Festival in February was included along with the photograph that I took on the day and which brought back happy memories.
Battersea Beer Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment