Tuesday 1 May 2012

Its taken four years but.....

This evening I headed out in anticipation after reading of the big 'falls' of migrants along the south coast today. I made my way to Lambert's Castle, the National Trust hill fort near Axminster and as soon as I got out of the car I heard a Common Redstart calling.  Just the other side of the gate and there he was !
Common Redstart
It's been four years since I last saw a Redstart here. A walk around the hill produced two Tree Pipits and many Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs. Not quite the spectacle that others had witnessed but I was happy.
Yellowhammer 
There were quite a few Yellowhammers calling as well.
On the way home I called into the Gravel Pits for a quick look and was surprised to see a mini fall of Pied Wagtails with around thirty to forty birds gathered on the fences and banks.


Walking back to the car I took this picture of the Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment