Saturday 26 May 2012

Wemouth 25-5-12

I'm lucky enough to finish work at 12.30pm on a Friday and recently have been using the time to get some birding in. Yesterday I went down to Weymouth although I was about 24 hours late for all the good birds, the Great Reed Warbler went missing on Thursday night and the Woodchat Shrike the day before. With this in mind I went straight out to Portland Bill.
You know its going to be a quite time when you can park at the Observatory car park and mine was only one of three cars there. I took a walk up to top fields pausing only to take this picture
African plains, Portland Style
I walked back through hut fields and took a look in the quarry. The resident Little Owl was glaring at me from his cave.
Little Owl
I then decided to go back to Weymouth and Lodmoor where a message I received said that the Black Winged Stilt was showing well from the west path. Yeah Right ! When I got there it was still a dot in the distance although not quite as small a dot as I had seen at Abbotsbury a couple of weeks ago.
As I was going out tonight I needed to be home at 5pm so I left and arrived at 4.50pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment