Friday 2 March 2012

A Dip and a Dipper

This afternoon after I finished work at 12.30pm I made a quick visit to Branscombe Water Treatment Works to see if yesterday's Firecrest was still about.
I arrived around 1.20pm and was walking up to the Treatment Works when I heard a Dipper in full song from the river below me. I crept up to the edge of the bank and was greeted with the pleasing sight of a Dipper right below me in the river.
I carried on up the lane and checked out the sewage works but apart from the usual common stuff like Chaffinches and Blue Tits there was no sign of a Firecrest.
I carried on round the lane and cut across the field to the small thicket of pines behind the sewage works and was soon hearing plenty of Goldcrests calling but not thier cousin.
I was on a tight schedule so I carried on round back to the car park stopping on the other side of the river bank long enough to snap a few more pic's of the Dipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment