Sunday 25 March 2012

My Chistmas Present

This weekend saw Miriam and I at Woolacombe staying with our friends Dave and Caroline. Miriam had arranged a horse ride for me for a Christmas present and it was arranged for this weekend.
We travelled up on Saturday and spent the afternoon with D & C and also Rob and Carol our other good friends who were in on the surprise.
On Sunday morning Miriam,Dave,Caroline and I made our way to the riding stables(Rob and Carol had gone home again the previous evening). Dave and I had had horses together in the past, but it had been around thirty years since I had ridden. I had booked a half hours refresher lesson and an hours ride out.
The lesson went really well and it soon all came back, just like riding a bike you never really forget.
The hours ride took us high up the hill with a spectacular view over Woolacombe Bay and all too soon it was over.

I can honestly say it was one of the best Christmas presents I've ever had.
We then all went up to Bulls Head Lighthouse and sat watching the sea crash over the rocks below us before heading back to the house and lunch. We made our goodbyes and left around 4pm for the 2 hour journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment