Friday 9 March 2012

Wincanton Races

This afternoon myself and a mate went to Wincanton Races. We were given complimentary tickets from the Perry Street Club by the sponsors Molson Coors.
This was the first time I'd been to the Wincanton course and was very impressed by the facillities and layout.
It was quite cold and overcast with the threat of rain when we arrived but we quickly set about studying the form book for the first race at 2pm. I went for Mabel Tasman from Neil Mulholands yard at Tiverton and riden by Richard Johnson.

Mabel Tasman
Warsaw Pact,Black Phantom & Stripe Me Blue
It came in 3rd and so for a £5.00 each way stake I got back £7.10.Not a good start !
In the second race I went for Festival Dreams but it came home 4th. I was now £12.90 down.

 The third race I went for broke in a 6 horse 3m race and put £10 on the nose on Shannons Boy but it came 5th, so I was £22.90 down !!
Opening Batsman
In the 4th race I went for Opening Batsman and at last my luck changed and it came home at 11/4 netting me £36.25. I was back in credit !
Dream Performance


In the 5th Dream Performance lived up to its name and gave me another winner at 4/1. I was now £40.00 up.That was to be the last of my winners as I missed out the 6th race and drew a blank in the 7th. Not a bad days racing with free tickets to get in and a profit to come home with !.
One last treat was in store tho' as we got to see Kauto Star given a workout on the 2 mile course in preparation for Cheltenham next week.
Ruby Walsh on Kauto Star
Kauto Star
This was a try out to check his fitness for the Gold Cup.










No comments:

Post a Comment