Thursday 1 March 2012

Thursday Night is Curry Night !

Once a month me and my better half visit Wetherspoons in Chard for curry night.Miriam my wife of thirty years has not enjoyed the best of health in the last ten years after being diagnosed with a brain tumour and as I do all cooking its nice for her to get a change from my cooking and its also nice for me to get a change from my cooking !
The pub is housed in the former Cerdic cinema and is one of the few places in Chard where you can get a decent pint of real ale.
Tonight it was quite busy when we arrived particularly as there was a group of guys on a stag party all dressed as penguins. At least I hope they were on a stag party !
Ales on offer tonight were (Hooray !)Adnams Broadside, Brains St Davids Ale at 4.1% brewed for St Davids Day and Batemans Veto Ale at 4.3% brewed to celebrate David Camerons veto at the recent European summit.
Predictably I went for the Broadside although I did get a taster of the Veto from Matt the barman. It had an odd taste and like most things to do with David Cameron it left a funny taste in the mouth ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment