Wednesday 28 March 2012

Signs of Spring

This evening I made a visit to my local 'patch', the gravel pits at Chard Junction. There were the usual Tufted Ducks and Coots on the East lake along with a single Mute Swan and a juvenile Grey Heron. There was also a late Fieldfare feeding on the slopes on the far side.
Roe Deer
A walk along the track produced no Hirundines although a text from Andy G earlier in evening had said there were two Swallows over the reserve. There was a Roe deer just over the bank keeping an eye on me.
A walk through the reserve produced signs of spring with at least three singing Chiff Chaffs and several large clumps of Primroses.
Primroses   
On the way back to the gate I flushed a Green Woodpecker from the edge of the East lake. I then took a quick look over the 'extension' a little further up the lane but apart from another Green Woodpecker there was little else to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment